Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A little about the Night Owl..



(Source: iamthecrime, via purplefairies)

Greetings!

Welcome to the Night Owl's Chair. My name is Nicole and on this blog, I will be reviewing some books of different genres for a class in Reader's Advisory. 

So a little about me..

I'm a children's assistant librarian. I love to encourage youngsters to read, whether through story time programs or advising. I'm also well informed in the realm of Disney and pop culture ( some, not everything.)
Although I do read children's books for my job ( be it for programs or reviewing for the department's blog), I've been reading adult books since I was a teen. My taste... is pretty wide. I will read almost anything, but really love chick lit/romantic comedies, mysteries (particularly cozy mysteries),inspirational, young adult, paranormal, and nonfiction ( particularly cookbooks, animals, and entertainment). I also like a lot of humor, and the girlier the better. I'm not a huge fan of westerns, horror, graphic novels, science fiction (I am giving steam punk a try) and adventure ( which is odd because I love the Indiana Jones  and National Treasure movies). Some of my favorite authors are Meg Cabot, Melody Carlson, Richard Paul Evans, Alexander McCall Smith, Karen Kingsbury, and Mary Dowing Hahn. Some of my favorite books(or series) are:


  • Harry Potter series
  • Twilight series
  • Bunnicula by James Howe
  • Someday Someday Mabye by Lauren Graham
  • Phyllis  Reynelds Naylor's Alice series
  • Sunday's at Tiffany's by James Patterson
  • Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  • The Mediator series by Meg Cabot
  • Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
Why the owl?
 I'm a night owl, of course. If I'm not up late reading or listening to a CD, you can find me watching old reruns of Full House, Friends or whatever. I'm also loving the whole cute owl craze ( not just for fall or nighttime anymore. I may even  be do a owl craft sometime in the spring.)

Hope see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment